Report Abuse

Holiday Inn Club points not transferred when reselling?

Talk to a timeshare lawyer. The timeshare business is a total scam with all kinds of misleading information at the point of sale not counting the information not revealed except fine print in all the shuffling of paperwork. I think you’ll get the results you want by going through one of them [Q=carolyneb4] Hi. We own a week at Orange Lake and we're considerding selling our timeshare. When I called for information today, the lady at the Customer Service said that we could keep our Priority Club points because that's an independent system, but that not only we would lose ownership of the HIC points if we sell, but they wouldn't be transferred to the new owners either. She explained the timeshare would be reverted to fixed week and the new owners would need to buy a HIC membership to get points. In other words, the flexibility of our timeshare that made it possible to visit other Holiday Inn Club resorts or through RCI and at different dates than our home week could not be transferred unless it was sold to our parents or our children. Does everyone know this? No wonder the resale value is so low. I can't believe we paid 15,000$ for a point system that isn't even transferrable. This sucks because the flexibility is exactly what sold us, but now we can't use it to sell it ourselves. To think they tried to upgrade us this year too, saying that we needed more points to make the most out of our vacations... Has anyone gotten any other information about this? Is Orange Lake / Holiday Inn Club the only timeshares that don't transfer their point systems to the new owners? Thanks.[/Q]