Report Abuse

Re: Happy with Festiva Points?

We have tried to 'give back' sell and/or rent out our Festiva Points for almost 2 years now. When we upgraded back in 2010 we were told they (Festiva) would rent out our points if we didn't use them. I got deployed and we contacted them to 'rent out' our points only to find they lied. They will not help you rent out anything. We have tried to book resorts and found out they were 'not available' time after time. Our maintenance fees then doubled to over $2000.00. I contacted Festiva and they told us we cannot get out of this but could transfer to someone and sent me a form. The first person we used to 'rent out' our points turned out to be a scam. (We didn't hear anything from them for 3 weeks, and the sales lady told us we had to re-advertise our property every 14 days...The second one said they had a buyer and we went through the process of transfer-ship only to find them gone after we paid the closing costs....both were legitimate, both had websites and we checked them out. I called Festiva and the nice lady laughed at me on the phone and told me we don't own anything and that if we didn't pay our fees they would send a debt collector after us. I am contacting a lawyer now because we are at wits end.....