Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Group dining - away from resort (by Shannon B.):

sarasue wrote:
We will be at the Royal Caribbean in Feb. We are bringing along some friends, so there will be 10 in all. Any suggestions where to go out that are group friendly without waiting very long? I'm guessing mid price range for the most part. Thanks!

Sarasue,

There are so many fine places to eat on and off site the Royal Resorts. We tend to stick to the resort for breakfast and lunch, and mostly eat from our villa. On our first day, we always make a run to Walmart to stock up on groceries. We take a bus there and a cab home.

On site, you will enjoy La Palapa at The Royal Mayan, and Pacos Tacos (the upstairs restaurant) at The Royal Islander. I'm not a big fan of The Tradewinds, but they do have some good take out items and pizza if you want to stay around the resort. Captains Cove will be open and is a short walk or resort shuttle from all of them.

We like La Dolce Vita, La Palapa Velga (the former chef of the Ritz Carlton is there - awesome! I think it is in the Imperial Fiesta Lagoon Hotel. Ask your Concierge and they'll be able to get you reservations), La Distilleria...

People like the show at "Pericos", and it is fun to go with a large group (although I think the food is better at La Parilla). There are so many restaurants there that you won't have trouble. Most are very affordable, and in February I wouldn't anticipate that you'd have much of a wait for any of them.

If you have any fisherman in your group that take a Deep Sea Fishing Excursion, bring the fish back to La Palapa at The Royal Mayan. They will prepare it for you for $5 a person, which includes vegetables and rolls. We do this every trip (at least once) and have them prepare it three ways. Our favorites are fried and blackened!

Have fun and enjoy your trip! :-)