Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts. (by Kristine S.):

I own 1 week, every other year, at Villas at Polo Towers, Las Vegas. I tried to sell it for a few thousand, and was told that the listing price was too high..they are going for around $500-$1000. at most, and that was a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, like everyone else, my fees are now approaching $1300. Then I look and see people who are not owners, with no maintenance fees, no pourhasing the unit costs, getting a 2 bedroom for less than a thousand. How can I possibly rent for less than my fees? How can I sell for 90% less than I paid. Just soooo unfair. But, at age 72, guess I have to look at getting rid of it as none of the kids want any of my places. I cannot in good conscience stick them with this. I do not think it fair to have to pay someone to take it off my hands on top of it all. Might as well pay the maintenance fee and have a vacation at least. Luckily I knew someone in the Timeshare industry, and they told me no one can force you to trade your week for points... just say no. We went to an "owner's update" one year, and there it was...the points presentation and then the closer. Having been a sales closer myself (in another industry) I knew I could just say NO. The trick is not to give a reason for your "no"..it gives them nothing to come back at to overcome your "objection" . The "big wig" just got madder and more frustrated, and finally said "fine". I asked for my gift! "GIVE it to her." Some satisfactions there at least. LOL I will do as others suggested when board voting comes...I never give a proxy, but I will pay attention to those who are owners and vote them in!