Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Purchasing a week or weeks at the Marriott Waiohai (by Steve H):

For anyone purchasing a deeded week at the Waiohai, I always recommend ocean view weeks 1-50. We own 7 of these weeks and bought all through the resale market. We use 3 or 4 of our weeks each year for a vacation and typically rent out the others on Redweek for a nice profit. I suggest you buy two weeks even if you only intend to use one so you can take advantage of the 13 month booking window and, if you phone owner services first thing on the day that the reservations are available for your week, you won't have any problem getting your weeks. Book them during a popular week and you'll make a 15% return on your investment each year if you rent out the week you don't want. It's funny how you hear all these horror stories about people who are "trapped in a timeshare." They're not Waiohai oceanview owners. We purchased our last oceanview Waiohai week in 2022 at a total cost of $15,300 total. ($14,500 sales price plus $800 in fees). The annual dues for that week are $2,245. We will rent it out on Redweek next year for $4,500. After listing fees and maintenance fees we will have pocketed $2,100. That's close to a 14% return on our $15,000 investment with no risk to the principal. Not bad. Also, we traded a couple of our weeks last year on interval international and gifted the weeks to my daughter for her honeymoon. They received a beautiful villa in Tuscany and another in Scotland and I.I. threw a third week our way to even the score. These Waiohai weeks will trade well into pretty much anywhere in the world you'd like to go. You are wise to avoid points programs and purchase deeds on the resale market for a resort like the Waiohai.