Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Mariner's Pointe Resort Ongoing Lawsuit (by Joseph F.):

Our family purchased a timeshare some 15-16 years from this resort after spending a week there. We enjoyed going there for many years with our two young teenage sons. There was much for the boys to do, we were welcomed with a Wine & Cheese Party, they had a Restaurant connected at that time, it was a guarded community, and everything was always clean and nice. Over the years, however, things declined quite a bit.

Little did we know what was in store when this resort got into and stayed in litigation over the lake for some 10+ years and even to the present maybe. We had obtained additional units before the law suit and were motortified when we received a SECOND SPECIAL ASSESSMENT of almost $500.00 per unit to help pay for the law suit.

By that time we owned four weeks, I had retired, our sons had left home, and my wife had been forced to leave her job for medical reasons......we then contacted the resort and advised them that it was impossible for us to pay that amount of money for, what we considered THEIR irresponsibilities, in handling the law suit. My wife then wrote Mr. Dave Burgess, Manager of the Management Firm handling the resort and explained our circumstances, and that we in no uncertain terms were going to pay all the assessment. (We never even used the lake.) We ended up turning back in three of our timeshares, getting nothing in return and kept only one. To this day we have not been back....although it is a lovely resort and we have many fond memories during our first few years of ownership. That's not to say we will never go back there - we just have not been for the last couple years. Before then, we went every single year!

Personally, I would not advise anyone to purchase there! Visit and have a good time, but do not buy!

With kindest regards, Joseph F. Adt, Sr. VA