Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Searching with RCI Points (by Mike N.):

jayjay wrote:
ednab2 wrote:
Yes, it gets tricky doesn't it, knowing how it all works. We changed to points a few years ago and one exchange we wanted didn't do points. We could still go there but we were charged the exchange fee for weeks rather than points which is cheaper. Something else they don't tell you at the time.

That's one thing I don't understand about the RCI point system .... some RCI related resorts aren't on the point system and are still only on the weeks system. How come all RCI related resorts aren't on the RCI point system?

============= RCI "weeks" resorts are slowly converting and current owners are being charged thousands of dollars for the privilege. I think as long as there are people who are not converting, RCI will need to keep the traditional weeks exchange system. However, as more and more resorts convert, there will be less and less availabilities in the "weeks" system. I'm sure eventually RCI will be entirely points.

For the purposes of booking a "weeks" resort to an RCI Points member, RCI assigns all of their "weeks" resorts a point value based on region, season, quality and size. This allows a Points member to access RCI’s entire inventory.