Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET FREE LEGAL ADVICE ON DUMPING TIMESHARES? (by Mike N.):

kekouri wrote:
I know of two TS HOAs that will take back your week in Pompano. I don't believe any that were part of the old Vacation Break group will....which will include any T/S now managed by Wyndham/Fairfield.

I can't remember which of the independent resorts will. I'm also sure its not the Surf Rider as I see a sign on their building indicating T/S weeks for well less than $1000. Might be Canada House as one.

In anycase, you will probably be approached by a PCC now, indicating that they will be able to help. They will ask you to a meeting, and bring all the stuff you have on the T/S...and all fees must be paid in full by you.

Their offer will be to take the T/S off your hands (I'm not sure if they really take title) and ALL YOU HAVE to do is pay them $3999. Sound good?

Well, try getting help on the www.tugbbs.com site. Or the forums.com site.

You can't easily sell a place with $$ owed. So, try to keep up the payments. Pompano is 100% red all year (but not bright red). See if you can rent it while you post it for sale on www.redweek.com for $10.00. You caan post it on TUG for free is under $25.00. Make sure the buyer knows they pay for closing fees.

Or, you can do what the PCC do after they get your $3999.00. They post it on e bay...play games & try for a thousand or so...but finally, they will post it as a buy it now for $1.00 buyer pays closing.

If you have a good week, or can pick in a good float period, a good week, I do not see you having any problems with renting.....

BUT call the HOA and ask if they will take back your purchase. Marriott always does....Wyndham doesn't usually

Iagree with JAy....how could it hurt by calling them & asking???

============= By all means contact the resort. My father was in a similar situation and I finally convinced him to ask the resort if they will take back the unit...they did. The resort knew they could resell at a cost below retail.

I also recommend checking the Want Ads in RedWishes, TUG, and vacationtimesharerentals. You may fnd someone looking to rent and possibly buy.