Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by R P.):

daves250 wrote:
Is there a mechanism to find out what your chances ar to find out your relative chances of getting a resort or what your true trading power is? I own a redweek #52 on Florida's west coast. I've put in a request 17 months in advance for what should be a popular request. I don't know if I'm wasting my time or not simply because I don't know where I am in line. Is there 10 people with better weeks than mine ahead of me in the process? Are people with better weeks going to barge ahead of me in 5 months time? I don't mind the wait, just wish there was somebody to give you a staright answer as to popularity of request and where you rate. Almost every question I've asked II is greeted with a "it depends"...It's like me sitting with a lottery ticket and the gas company calling looking when they'll get payment...it depends...

I'm not sure there is a STRAIGHT answer to your question ...... trading power is at the mercy of the exchange companies and it seems to be a secret formula with the big two, RCI and II.

However one criteria of trade power has to do with supply and demand of the resort and time period that you own. The southwest coast of Florida is very popular during snowbird season (after New Years until early spring or until snows thaw up north), but I have no idea what trading power a week 52 would have. It would depend on your resort and the supply and demand of that week.