Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Appraisals for Estate Disposition (by R P.):

stevenb119 wrote:
Okay, I understand what you all are saying. I don't buy the different units, etc. If you buy a floating week of a two bedroom it is what it is. And it would seem to me that sales in fee simple of timeshares have to be recorded and are a matter of public record like any transaction of real estate. I cannot be the only one who has gone through the estate process. If the court says it wants an appraisal, how do you satisfy that requirement? Thanks for the comments so far, I am hoping I will find someone who has been through the process. Steve Berch

Yes, it's possible to find what a week sold for from the deed department/courthouse where the timeshare is located as it's a matter of public record. Some county records are online, others are not, so you may have to call for any info.

The only problem with this is that timeshare weeks (whether floating for fixed) are so across the board as far as pricing that it might be almost impossible to come up with an appraisal unless you averaged what similar weeks sold for. I don't know if the county would give out this information (averages), but it wouldn't hurt to ask.