Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Appraisals for Estate Disposition (by Dave S.):

One possible solution would be to put it up on Redweek and see how many points a possible exchange would net you. This would net you a dollar value per year as to what it is worth per year. 1100 points would be worth $1100. From there you can subtract expenses (maintenance fees). Hopefully you are left with a positive figure. From there multiply by how many years you wish. This would give you a "value" from an independant 3rd party. Values are hard to come by, so I would ask that are you looking to over value or under value it for your purposes? If it is to over value (my moron brother in law who I hate wants it) you could always go with purchase price. If you want to undrvalue it for whatever reason you could go to like properties on sites that re-sale timeshares and compare it to similar units. I believe there is one or two places that will sell your timeshare without asking for comission up front. Ask what you could get...this would be reasonable figure. If they say they can't sell it, value it a dollar. If they can, then use the figure they give you.