Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by Thomas S.):

Just came across this message thread today. Have read with interest. We own at the Marriott Ocean Club (1BR, Gold) in Aruba and have done so since 2000. Paid $8000 for our week although the base was $9700 at the time, they took $1700 off. We have traded every year since then and generally without a problem, always parlaying our 1BR to a 2BR and even a 3BR once. Although almost all those years we have gone Marriott to Marriott which offers higher trade value and priority. The last 2 years (and now next year too), we have gone to OceanWatch in Myrtle Beach. Also been to MVCI's in Newport Beach, Fairway Villas, Williamsburg, Paradise Island (Marriott managed at the time, not developed). As for the AC's, sadly, we've never used one but have gotten one every year with our deposit. Just got back from MB last week and requested again for same timeframe for next year. Requested two days ago, came through yesterday. I've tried trade first and request first and have not found that deposit first seems to work better than request first. Also, always let II pick the week they want at our home resort in Aruba, although have done the opposite with little difference. Obviously value to trade is important, and what you are looking for in return. My extra week AC came through yesterday, the day after deposited and it expires 9-9-09. Those places and dates are genally both that have no interest but this is the first I've had that extends into September, so who knows. For someone who vowed never to buy a TS, well, we made a good investment it seems. Now, if only Marriott would handle Marriott to Marriott exchanges in house. I have heard rumors that it may be in the future, but I've heard many rumors.