Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by Thomas S.):

jayjay wrote:
andrewj66 wrote:
My doubt is Buying timeshares may be one of the wisest investments one can make in there lifetime. You are buying into a vacation getaway that that can provide you and your family with yours of excitement. Is it right.

Buying a timeshare is not a financial investment (as a matter of fact, if you buy from the developer you will lose a substantial amount of money when trying resale it .... excluding a few high end timeshares). Buying a timeshare is an investment in future vacations for you and your family.

Although I would not attempt to persuade anyone to buy a timeshare, but as I stated previously, our investment turned out pretty good. Our $8000 Marriott Ocean Club Aruba 1BR in 2000 is now selling for a bit more. For us, we stay at some very nice resorts we probably couldn't afford to get into or wouldn't pay what it cost for when we go if we had to pay without having the exchange value.