Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING? (by KC):

josephb172 has now resurfaced, stating...: >> I wish I could get a lawyer to tell me what will, or could, happen to me. That's why I posted in the first place.<< ================================================

With all due respect Joe, I believe that you have already received exactly such input spelled out for you in some detail. Have you actually read through all of the posts? In short summary (offered as my FINAL input to this particular thread):

1. You haven't indicated in either post if you have contacted the resort directly (in writing) to formally inquire if you can negotiate a "deedback". Probably not, but have you even asked or tried?

2. Absent resolution of the matter via item 1, the matter of your unpaid fees will ultimately be turned over to collections, probably to a third party collection agency.

3. If collection efforts yield no payment results or acceptable arrangements for same, you will simply be foreclosed upon. That foreclosure will, in all likelihood, ultimately appear as a less than stellar entry on your credit rating / report. Those effecting the actual foreclosure will see to that, as the foreclosure process involves expenditure of time, effort and incurring legal expenses by the resort.

There is not much more to it than that (assuming that there is no unpaid loan involved). You have a contractual obligation from which you cannot just unilaterally stroll away without enduring the legal consequences. Whether or not you see those inevitable legal consequences as ominous or daunting or troublesome to you is a matter for your own introspection. In any case, I wish you well.