Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING? (by R P.):

carvana wrote:
Jayjay you say you owned 9 timeshares at various times. I suspect you are a meticulous record keeper and I challenge you to go back through those records and find a document where you specifically signed a document on the "dotted line" obligating yourself personally to pay the maintenance fees. I have purchased several timeshares resale and have never signed such an agreement and none is to be found among my timeshare records. My deeds all refer to a declaration on file and reference to the declaration assures me I will lose the timeshares if I fail to pay the maintenance fees. I have always paid my MFs and will never advice anyone - I am not a financial advisor - to default on their MFs. I have and will continue to provide advice to those who cannot pay their fees and have been unable to sell or give away their timeshare.

It's a given when you buy a resale that you pay the yearly maintenance fees even though it may not be spelled out in your 'resale contract' and YOU WILL be obligated to pay those fees if the week is in your name, period.

Since you've never defaulted, how would you know what procedures a resort would go through in order to collect past due maintenance fees.

Everything you have said is purely 'conjecture' because you think paying maintenance fees on vacation timeshare is somehow trivial than making a car, house, credit card, etc. payment. A contract is a contract no matter what kind of contract it is.

Do you have examples of people that you've counseled and told to just 'quit paying maintenance fees' and what the results were thereafter? I would be very interested to hear what you have to say regarding this.