Hilton West 57th

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hilton West 57th (by Steven M.):

Hi:

No, I am not a stranger to timeshares (both personally and professionally). Two of the weeks that we own are in Manhattan. The daily maid service is included, regardless of the duration of the stay. Most of the sales people at West 57th used to work at the other timeshare.

I can tell you that the "daily maid fee" has been the subject of class action claims in other states. It is a problem in the industry. Here, we are talking about a property that is being marketed as a luxury property. As such, one would not expect to have to pay extra ("optional" ) for clean towels and having the trash taken out on a daily basis in Manhattan. The original offering clearly did not contemplate the extra (optional) fee as it was only introduced in the second amendment.

Your first posting appears to differ from your second posting. Were you told something different? There is no 85 dollar clean out fee in the second amendment either. And, I only have two amendments, not six. I can only wonder what the other amendments say and when they were approved!

Yes, we (both my friend and I) did attempt to cancel the contracts. Hilton is resisting that effort. You have to wonder why given that our purchase prices were probably lower than the current prices. We are not done with that effort. We have discussed the facts with others who have decided to not purchase.

The 85 dollar (optional) fee does send the wrong message for this type of property. Tell them to keep the "free" snacks and apply the cost of the food to the cost of the normal Hilton hotel level maid service. Let's face it, we are either their best or the their worst advertising. Clean towels, an emptied trash can, once over with the vacuum cleaner, and a made bed would go a long way towards happy owners. It also reduces wear and tear on the units and allows management to monitor maintenance needs and it allows management to monitor damages, thefts, and violations (i.e. smoking, pets, etc.).

Yes, if I am going to remain an owner, I would consider serving on the Board, but I suspect that Hilton would not support that concept for the same reasons that you have cited in your encouragement to me to serve.

I look forward to seeing you there in December (??) and hope that they are going to provide us with the "free" snacks at least until they give us the housekeeping services that are contemplated by the documents and the (original) marketing.