Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What are the costs to maintain a timeshare (by Michael K.):

Jayjay, sorry - yes that is just the maintenance fee and absolutely, you have to figure in the cost of the original investment. It becomes a rather simple tradeoff analysis, but with timeshares going for almost nothing except transfer fees, I believe there are lots of bargains out there for both renters and buyers.

The mood on this and other forums today seem to be mostly towards renting - not buying - probably right in most cases. My only point is that to me it is never that clear cut; every person has different values and should really investigate their opportunities in context with their lifestyle. For me, buying this timeshare made sense for us financially and funwise, but realistically, another important advantage is we don't have the time or like the hassle of renting; we end up not doing anything.

Laura had mentioned that her husband liked the idea of owning. We do also; we like to watch progress, complain a bit, get to know the people, and for the right price, can be a bargain also.

Mike