Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Ramon C.):

Hello Bill,

I see that you are from St. Albert. I lived on the westend of Edmonton and like yourself my wife and I purchased a unit at the very early stage, i.e., Jan 17, 2007.

I just forwarded my concern to Mexico's Federal Attorney's Office of Consumer (PROFECO) explaining the status of our purchase.

By the way, the sales pitch of Belaire at the time was, FRACTIONAL PROPERTY renewal every 25 years for 99 years ownership. The Fractional concept was due to the min. 4 weeks allocation every year.

Furthermore, during the presentation, that senior salesman Steve Stone, explained that there apparently a law passed beforehand in Mexico covering developers and investors.

The law was supposed require a Developer to place in Trust an equal amount of monetary value to the Project. The purpose is to ensure that the project is completed. Meaning, if the developer runs out of funds, the government can take over using the money in trust to finish the project.

I've been in contact thru email and telephone with this people since we bought to find out the status of the development. Last year I requested our 2008 weeks but to no avail, there was none and no effort from them to provide me alternate accommodation.

Last June, I requested our 2009 weeks for December and they kept on promising me that they will provide me with accommodation even when Belaire will not be ready. They even promised the MIRAMAR and not worry about accommodation for my family. However, they could not provide me with a confirmation.

Yesterday, I received an email from them advising me that MIRAMAR will not be ready neither! I was infuriated and called them and listen to what she said . . . . "Please Sir, send me an email writing down what you said on the phone and I will submit it to management so they can do something".

By the way, when you contacted PROFECO, what did they say about Belaire?

Regards, Ramon Caluttung Edmonton, AB, Canada