Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Cathy S.):

Hi, We just returned from Puerto Vallarta on Nov. 21,2009. While we were there we were persuaded to visit the Belaire with the usual bribe of money-in our case 4700 pesos. We did go to the presentation -and the others are SO right- run from these people-we were subjected to 3 hours of intense pressure and in the end-were kicked out with sarcastic and threatening words!! I sat down in the lobby and said I was not leaving until we received our "gift" and they called security and eventually the police-needless to say my husband and I did leave before the police arrived. I went straight to the tourist bureau with a copy of our "invitation" and complaint-they faxed the info to the local Profeco office(there is now a local office). We were to go to this office the next morning-which we did and they called the Belaire about the situation. The Rep from Belaire then called me at this Profeco office and offered spa services instead of the 4700 pesos-and wanted us to return to Belaire to talk to them-of course we refused to return to their resort- and eventually we settled on 2500 pesos cash and a 2000peso credit at a so-called ladies store at the Marina. This was delivered to us at the Profeco office. Personally-due to no action of work at the site-I think they are either bankrupt or in financial trouble. Still only the skeleton of the building is up and no workers or equiptment were on site. From what we were told and also another couple we talked to-completely different deals were offered. I guess I maybe should not have told them that I have learned that if "something sounds too good to be true-it isn't" Oh well-at least we did not buy! Sorry to be the bearer of maybe bad news. Cathy S