Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: BUYING DEVELOPER vs RESALE (typical scenario) (by Greg P.):

I have purchased two properties from Holiday resale (Wyndhan points - Bonnet Creek and RCI Points - Silver Lake) and am generally happy with their performance. The prices were very good. It takes several months to complete the closings, but I believe that is normal.

People are literally giving away less desireable timeshares right now just to get out from paying maintenance fees. If one of these rock bottom sales suits your timeshare purposes (it is close to your home or a place that you know you will visit annually) I say "fill your boots"! However, it may be worthwhile to purchase a "relatively expensive" resale timeshare such as the Manahttan Club - prime time, or a Marriott or Hyatt in a ski resort - ski season for up to $20K to get the most "bang for your buck". Purchasing timeshare is very particular to each individual and there is no one right magic best purchase for everyone.

Godd for you for doing your homework however. Continue checking out the numerous timeshare websites, forums and resale businesses to continue your timeshare education! I have found the members on this redweek site to be very informative and to offer great advice.

Greg