Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Beck):

Thanks Charles for insulting everyone. While I agree there is a lot of complaining and little action, I welcome the complaining. I just like to see more action. If you're tired of reading all the complaining you have an excelent option to stop reading. Allowing rate hikes implemented by HOA board members who aren't proper non-developer affiliated owners is not the solution. Advising owners how to take control of their HOA and support owners on the board who are not affiliated with the developer is a solution. Taking steps to control costs while maintaining the resorts is a solution.

Please don't accept what the developer hands you and tell everyone they are at fault for the developers' actions. Victims of fraud do have some responsibility in some cases because they wanted to believe what they were told. That doesn't mean they are responsible for the fraud perpetuated on them so they should accept getting taken advantage of. The entity committing the fraud is responsible and there should be repercusions for that.

I for one, if presented with the option to pay more maintenance because the developer has another convenient excuse vs paying more maintenance because the developer is fighting owners who are unhappy with the unacceptable and questionable implementation of fees - I for one will choose the later and not the former. I choose the latter because over time I will pay less, not more by choosing this option.