Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Beck):

jayjay wrote:
peterp151 wrote:
Advising you on where to advertize conflicts with Redweek's goal to have you advertise on their site.

Redweek is merely an internet timeshare ad site .... they don't solicit or do cold calls (with lie after lie) to people interested in renting or selling their timshare .... the renter, rentee or seller finds Redweek themselves.

While I have been cold called to pay a listing company for their services to get my unit sold (one to fifty times a month, and the high end is no exageration at one point), I have NEVER been called to buy a timeshare except for calls from developers such as DRI, Worldmark, SVO, etc.

Since those fee based resale companies apparently never cold call prospective customers my point remains. I've been told many times how they have professional staff and marketing engines, and web sites. But it's pretty much impossible to see these "marketing engines" to verify the company is doing what they say they are doing. If I've received hundreds or maybe thousands of calls to list my units for sale but none to buy a resale unit, I doubt they are cold calling. The only mailers I receive focus on me paying to list my unit. I think maybe the RI Stroman mailer also suggests I can buy a unit but the others are 100% sell your unit or come to out presentation where we can help you get rid of your unit.

And a lot of these fee based companies have websites which are not designed to sell units. All they do is list units for sale, often using a rather opaque method of listing units without any thought towards enabling a buyer to find the unit they desire.

Thus my point remains. If the fee based companies use other FSBO sites to list on, or worse have their own sties which are basically non functional for true marketing purposes, we are better off paying the FSBO sites ourselves.