Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

The devil is always in the DETAILS... (by KC):

ecefola wrote:
Hi, I learned from another member about www.donateforacause.org since I had asked on a different forum about charities.

If you have a paid up timeshare with no loan, used it enough and feel it's time to move on, then this may work out. The people evaluate your timeshare for its saleability first and then contact you after you fill out their online form. I'm trying it out since selling a timeshare is next to impossible these days.

Good information, but lacking in some very important details. More specifically, depending on the marketability of the individual timeshare being offered, the "donor" may be required to pay DFAC about $1,200 (thereby enabling DFAC to pay maintenance fee bills while they attempt to sell the timeshare). For a "higher demand / value" timeshare week this fee will be waived, but I believe that donors still pay the closing costs in any case to transfer ownership.

Donate for a Cause is certainly a legitimate and reputable entity, but even "donating" is not free and will still cost the donor some money. Also, it should be noted that DFAC maintains a list of timeshare facilities whose weeks they will NOT accept under ANY circumstances.