Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Please report upfront fee scammers to Attorney General .... there's power in numbers ... Florida has begun (by R P.):

lindam1002 wrote:
I received a call tonight after 9 pm from resort resale advocate group. They wanted to help me to recover my money from vacation marketing who they say is now out of business. (I had paid them $395 to try to sell my timeshare in Mexico.) I found it very ironic that they were calling me as I was on the computer looking up info on how to sell a timeshare. He said he had no way of knowing that I was on my computer and that I was on his list of clients of Vaca. Mktg. He told me it would take 35% for his legal team if they got me a refund. I gave him no information, but he will call me again on wednesday. I think this stinks as well. I found no website either. Let us know if you have any followup conversations with these people.

One scam company going after another scam company, that's funny .... if they ask for a large upfront fee, then they're a scam same as upfront fee resale companies.