Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

My limited experience... (by KC):

deannap2 wrote:
.... and yet RedWeek seem to be endorsing this.
As described above already, it's an offered, third party option; it's not an "endorsement", per se.

I contacted this third party entity over year ago when I wanted to sell one of my weeks but was doing too much travel to effectively handle it myself. It's not an "appraisal" (in the legal sense of the word) which they perform, but a current market evaluation / opinion, based solely upon a search of recent "comparables" sold. Their figure turned out to be reasonably accurate.

I sold that week myself before ever signing up, when a fellow owner at that facility called me looking to buy my week, having heard through the "owner grapevine" that I might be interested in selling it. I never had to proceed with the third party entity.

The third party service is legitimate, it's not a scam, and it may well work for you. However, my vague recollection is also that you have to give them an "exclusive" listing. In effect, this means that you will be obligated to pay them a commission even if YOU sell it YOURSELF during the agreed listing period! If you plan to make no selling efforts at all yourself, this is fine. Just make sure you understand the nature and details of their "exclusive" listing terms before you sign up...