Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Lance C.):

suzannes193 wrote:
Los Abrigados in Sedona. It's a nice resort and they told us that Sedona has great trading power.. And I don't doubt that...Sedona is absolutely gorgeous...however, we already have a 2 bedroom every other year and we don't get that much vacation time. Have never once used or traded it. I would post it for sale myself, but just don't want to deal with it....too much complexity in life right now. I must sound incredibly lazy! Know anyone that might be interested?

On the TUG website (tug2.net), there is a place where you can list giveaways free of charge. That will work out to a lot less than the $2500, or so, that you'll be paying to these likely scam companies.

Remember, a lot of these companies that promise to take your timeshare off your hands merely get you to sign a Power of Attorney which allows them to do whatever they want with it. However, you are still the rightful owner and, consequently, still responsible for maintenance fees.