Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Why not to buy in Montecristo Estates (by Cathy W.):

We purchased and resecinded by written letter within the rescission period. It was hard to get anyone affliated with the resort to accept the letter, but I was persistant. The sales manager also told me I would lose our $10k deposit, but I am was not going to buy that line. The sales office will not be the one to refund deposit. I filed protest with my credit card company (card used for deposit). I submitted all the my recission letter (which I had a MC rep's signature on), paper work and they reviewed the situation. The credit card company stood by me and reverse the charges for the deposit (including the foreign transcation fee). The piece of paper they have you sign saying the deposit is none refundable, would only be valid after the recission period. Use your credit card company if you rescinded per the contract terms. I did and I am now "free" of the problem the the MC sales office tries to tell you is nonrefundable, noncancellable. They are basically using scard tactics. Good luck.