Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Inaccurate facts and figures cited... (by KC):

kerrik17 wrote:
I personally think that when you dump that much money into a vacation property that you don't even own - just so you can have some management company bilk you out of thousands annually - makes no sense.
With all due respect, you don't have your facts or figures straight as far as ownership details and / or annual maintenance fee costs for timeshare ownership.

For specific example, I currently own 9 separate weeks at 6 different decent quality resorts, all of them in high demand coastal locations. My maintenenance fees range from $512 to $753 per week, depending on the individual resort. I couldn't even rent a decent motel room for a week for the amount I pay in annual maintenance fees for ANY of those 9 weeks.

Where on earth do you get the idea that maintenance fees are "thousands annually"? Even a very high end, prime, waterfront Hyatt Sunset Harbor week in expensive Key West, Florida is not much over $1,000 per year in maintenance fees. If your cited annual maintenance fee numbers were correct, you might have a valid point, but the figures you cite, as quoted above, are not even remotely near accurate.

And by the way, a timeshare owner generally DOES own their week / property, just like owning any other real estate --- except that the ownership is "partial" (i.e., one week "intervals"). Exceptions are "right to use" clubs and contracts, in which there is no actual ownership, just a contractually granted access for a defined number of years, but the vast majority of timeshare ownerships are indeed OWNERSHIPS, with a recorded deed just like any other real estate.