Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Resale VS Points (by L M.):

HI daniellec, In my humble opinion, I think one of the first things you need to do is decide what you will want from owning a timeshare.

The main thing to remember (again my opinion) is to own where you want to go, in the size you need, when you want to go there. Because the worst case is you use what you own.

If you think you want to trade, a resale still is a very good idea. I do not want to bore everyone, so briefly we own weeks and points and our experience with Marriott point system is that it makes us feel it leaves a lot to be desired (My opinion). The points are very expensive to buy and maintenance fees are high/value compared to purchasing a resale.

A resale can still be exchanged through Interval International (or RCI depending on the property you buy) and the system is actually very simple. As long as you remember you can only trade if someone has put what you are looking for up for trade.

There is a long discussion about the Marriott points system in RedWeek's forums that would be worth the time to read through. There is a lot of very good information and advice in there about them. This link should take you there. If not you can find it in the main area of the forums. http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=15987&page=last&utm_source=forum-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=topic

Good luck, hope this helped.