Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Resale VS Points (by Sandy M.):

I am a legacy owner at Ocean Point and Crystal Shores. Prior to the point system, Marriott gave priority to multiple week owners - regardless of how they acquired their weeks. Now, legacy owners get priority. At OP, more than 45% of owners own more than 10 weeks. With my 2 weeks I rarely got a decent room and had to fight for one on every visit - no way to start your vacation. Apparently many of the OP owners bought a week or two from Marriott. The rest they bought elsewhere but still, they got priority. Now Legacy owners get priority. The difference was immediately evident on my last visit. Legacy owners will always have priority in this system. The only group that trumps them is direct points purchasers. Those that buy on the outside should buy where they want to go as they will not have the same access as legacy or point owners. I also own in Disney Vac Club. As soon as Marriott announced this plan Disney sent out letters to all owners telling them that if they bought from anyone other than Disney, their points would only be good in Disneyworld and Disneyland resorts. They won't have access to Explorer or even the Cruise lines. I think you should really think about what you want from this. Now, it is actually worth the extra cost to buy direct from Marriott.