Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: May Newsletter Q&A: Second Market Timeshare Owners 'Caught' By RCI (by Romayne J.):

I have a wk at the Hotel de la Monnaie in New Orleans. I was approached by their agent to sell for $1200. I signed the proposal over a year ago. This June she {Carolyn Sommers} said she had a buyer, and he would pay approx $375 and I would have to incur $700 plus in expenses. This was over the phone and I promptly refused, stating loudly what I thought of the ridiculous offer. She then backed off and said I would receive the full amt. {double talking}. Three days later, I received a voice mail stating that the buyer decided to purchase another unit and that she would try to sell mine by years end. I fully expected this to happen. I can't help but think this was fraudulent, in that she thought I was desperate and would take the deal. I live 600 miles away and have been able to use my wk only once.. By the way, in Feb. or March this year I received a call from Ms. Sommers, offering me $100 for the unit!!!! I would appreciate any feedback and or advice on the above subject.

Sincerely, Mrs. Jenks [romaynejenks@gvtc.com]