Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Legal definitions are not "philosophical observations"... (by KC):

emmac27 wrote:
Thanks for the definition of "fraud" Ken. If "Fraud involves a knowing, willful overt act of deceit, initiated in an attempt or effort to achieve some form of personal or financial gain or advantage", then it appears to me that much of the entire timeshare industry is engaged in "fraud".

Certainly most of the people currently marketing timeshares are engaged in "a knowing, willful overt act of deceit, initiated in an attempt or effort to achieve some form of personal or financial gain or advantage. " For example: They claim they are selling an investment that will grow in value, but they know that the day after they sell it, the value of the timeshare will be worth a fraction of what they sold it for.

If it is "fraud" to GIVE a timeshare to someone in your will, then it is certainly "fraud" to sell a timeshare to someone.

With all due respect, I think that you are now "stretching" a bit in attempting a legal interpretation and debate without the requisite legal background to really be able to do so. Fraud is quite simply a term of law. It's not a discussion concept...

I would not (and do not) dispute for even one moment that the entire timeshare industry is chock full of lying, greedy profiteers whose primary objective in life is simply to line their own pockets with other people's money. That said, however, these sales maggots DO operate (even if only marginally) within the bounds of the law. Remember, in the end, actual sales contract content (...not the meaningless and empty verbal babble spewed by greedy sales weasels) is what truly matters (and is really ALL that matters AT ALL) in the eyes of the law.

If people are willing to believe the empty spoken words of a greedy, hungry, lying sales weasel over the actual written content of a sales contract (which many buyers don't even bother to ever read at all), then what can you really say to them besides "CAVEAT EMPTOR" (Buyer Beware)?