Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.):

lancec13 wrote:
jorgeg47 wrote:
I received a phone call from a company that wants to buy my timesharein mexico. The company is trible events and services. the escrow compnay is cambell and klein financial holdings out of lafayette La. they are moving quick. does anyone know of any buying scams?

I know of many "buying" scams. People report about these here all the time. It's the same MO over and over again.

The fact that you received a phone call is the first red flag. Scam artists do this all the time. Legitimate offers do not call you unexpectedly.

As for the escrow company, why would you have to put any money into escrow? Can you think of any transaction where the seller has to put money into escrow?

I'm assuming they are offering to buy it from you for a ridiculously high price. That's another one of their methods. Their goal is to paralyze you with excitement and stop you from thinking rationally. once they have you hooked, they will slip in some sort of bogus (but legitimate-sounding) fee that you will have to pay in order for these alleged proceeds from the sale to be released to you.

Don't fall for it!