Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Selling Diamond Resorts Timeshare (by Michael D.):

louiseb11 wrote:
I no longer have the forms because my deal fell through. I can tell you that the way I got Diamond to send me the forms initially is by taking these steps: 1. file a complaint with the better business bureau 2. File a complaint with the Nevada State Attorney General, the state in which Diamond home offices are located; 3. File a complaint with state and federal legislators 4. File a complaint with the Nevada real estate licensing agency Then I notified Diamond of my actions via the generic contact form they had on their website.

Sound like a lot of work? You bet it was but it's the only way I was able to get Diamond to pay any attention to my requests. If I have to go through this process again I would think about taking the additional step of writing a letter to various news entities letting them know how opaque and uncooperative this particular timeshare company is when buyers are trying desperately to sell their timeshare.

Diamond will make it as hard as possible to sell any points as it cuts into their sale program, and if you can find a willing buyer, they will make it difficult for them to use their points in anything but the Hawaii Collection... With the closing of several buildings for their Water Intrusion project, reservations in the Hawaii Collection will be harder to get, and they cannot exchange them, or at least DRI will make that very hard... The whole timeshare industry is beginning to get difficult and the realities of this business do not promote confidence in the business model (Points) that they have chosen...

The old model of "the number of Units multiplied by the number of weeks available 50- 51 with one for maintainence) does not provide any additional profits for the promoter, but with points they can sell and sell far beyond what unit / weeks they have... Its like selling air