Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons? (by Jim W.):

I just joined this forum to do research on Global Travel Network. My wife and I just bought 3 stars and 6 expressways for just over $5100. The annual fees are $149 a year and are waived if we don't use the stars for whatever reason. The reservation fee is $259 per week. The presentation was close to what we expected as we have been to these before, but the cost compared to Sunterra or WorldMark was much lower and there was little if any pressure to make the sale. This was probably one reason we bought it. The answered all of our questions respectfully and didn't pressure us as we brought the price down by almost $3000. They threw in a one week vacation to a very nice resort and a $100 dining gift card after we had pretty much made up our mind and this made us feel much better. They also told us that we had a week to rescind it and get our money back. This also alleviated some of the temptation to yes out of pure urgency. Sure there are probably some better deals out there, but so far we have not felt any buyer's remorse and think it's a pretty good value. It appears as though the only real disadvantage to us is that you cannot spread a week over several different days. You pay for the whole week, even if you just use it for a few days. They did say that you can have friends or relatives stay for the other days and pay you for it. They weren't pressuring to sell to others as in network marketing, but they indicated that they are willing to spend $200 to cater an in-home presentation and they would pay $300 for each referral who signed up and would waive the total cost if we got five couples or 10 individuals to sign up. What we liked is that they didn't tell us about the referrals until after we made a decision. As I am still researching it, I am sure I maybe missing some cons, but as long as the pros outweigh the cons, we are very content. Again, 3 or more weeks of cheap accommodations for life for $5000 seems like a good deal, especially considering the free one week vacation they're throwing in for a nice resort by itself would probably run around $2500.