Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons? (by Ricky B.):

I have a membership and have been a member for a while now. I paid about the same as you (Can't recall exactly). I think that 3 stars is kind of slim though.

The MLM company everyone is talking about is different than this. This one is not an MLM. I did my research just like you and found two companies using the same name. So don't worry about that part of it.

I have found it hard to book exactly what I want on any short notice. It's kind of like we get what's left over after everyone else with a real time share are done trading. I have booked some great stuff on the expressways. In fact, just got back Saturday from an expressway at Lawrence Welk in Sandiego California (Escondido). If you ever see this one show up in your expressways, book it. Really nice place that would run $200 - $300 per night. We found 2 of them available on expressways and booked them so my Sister in law and her family could come with us. Simple AMAZING and that trip alone made me feel better about my membership. So keep your eyes open for that one if interested in going to California. A really great place. 5 stars in my book.

Some of the others we have booked where a little run down and older. Like I said, seems like the leftovers but if you use it often, you will get your monies worth.

They said you can book 60 days out but if you are going to a popular destination, You are going to need more time to get what you want. The more time ahead you book, the better. I also think 3 stars is kind of slim. Yeah, you can book 3 weeks on that if all of the stars and moon align just right. I find myself using 2 - 3 stars for 1 week if in peak season and in a desirable place. But then again, i always need a 2 bedroom because I have kids.

All in all I like my membership and have stayed in some great places. I wish you would have gotten one more star for that price but they did give you a good amount of expressways which i actually have used more often than my stars.

I hope this helps.