Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Kathleen P.):

We bought at the Mayan in 2003 and really have had no problems getting our week there. We recently upgraded to the Grand and I am wondering if this could be a problem there because there are so many owners. We really still like the regular Mayan best, I don't know why we gave them more money except they always make it sound like it is in your best interest to do so, no maintenance fees if you don't use it, no more extra fee every 5 years etc. Not sure what they are doing to the regular Mayan building as we were told by a friend of ours who works there that they were closing that building down at the end of April and no one knew what was happening. Some workers had even quit to look elsewhere for work. It seems like they are trying to force all members to not be regular Mayan members so they can come up with something else. I think it might take awhile though as there are still alot of regular Mayan owners left who are happy with what they have and they do have to honor the contract and have a place for you to stay I guess. I don't know I am not sure of what to do with them, at least they are completing buildings and giving you something for your money.