Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Am Considering in joining RCI (points system) (by Carol S.):

Is this rental from a company or an indivual.. Is this from the resort, the email address has the resort company name in it. Should there not be some sort of letter head or company name on the top of the Rental agreement. Make sure all the phone numbers and detail match up. I myself have not heard of them, but others may and should respond. I know with my timeshare, I can call the resort and get a reservation for my renter and a confirmation with there name on it. My renters usually want a confirmation with there name before they pay me. .As a owner I have the authorization to make changes or cancel if I see that something is not right. or if they do not send the money in time or there is a problem with the payment. I would call the resort and check that these are the owners or the company looking after the rental. Also call the resort and ask what there cancelation policy is. You should be able to make a deposit to hold the reservation and get at least a confirmation of intent. Most rentals do have a charge if you make a couple of changes, and generallly have a clause regarding damages. The ID on arrival is good, it avoids the renter from giving the rental to someone or trying to rent it to a third party. A rental agreement should be in place. Redweek has one online you can check out. There should be a cancelation clause, my resort accepts a cancelation up to 15 days before check in, like most hotels you only need 24 to 48 hours. Also, most companies have cancelation insurance, if your paying with your visa it may have travel cancelation insurance if using your visa to pay with. I know mine does. Also, I have not used Paypal, But I think with the escow redweek uses they keep the money untill you have finished the rental and then the money is released to the owner etc.