renting timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: renting timeshares (by Phil L.):

Some people make to much out of trying to rent both owners and renters in my opinion! If you do your home work you should be fine. I came back to Redweek few months ago just to rent a condo in Maui for my daughters honeymoon. I wanted to rent off Tug but as usual the owners start off way to high and then start dropping their price and end up on last minute for almost nothing. This happen on one of the units I was watching where they wanted way to much and last listing they were asking for $500 for the week in May with about five days to go.

My daughter and her husband are in Maui right now having a great time and love their unit. I rejoined Redweek and contacted the owner of the resort and week they wanted and paid fair price for us and owner so everyone happy! I sent her a check for half and after booking she gave me phone number to contact the resort and verify information. I called and the resort owners desk and they sent my daughter and also me the information and everything they might need at checkin including her personel number. I then sent final check and all this with no problems because I and owner had a trust for each other at this point. She even gave me her cell number if I needed to talk to her while out of the house. Owner contacted me few days before the wedding to ask how things were going and said she again called the resort to double check everything.

Because of working with her so well one of these next years I will probably rent her Weston unit and take dd and husband back to Maui. We sold one of our two units in Lake Tahoe last year while up at our resort and not trading other unit so we will rent.

PHIL