Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by Don P.):

I had hit and miss with RCI. They sent us to a similar situation in Las Vegas once. I took it up with the managment of the resort we stayed at and they gave us a new room the next morning. They wanted us to go on a timeshare presentation after sticking us with a room that looked right out of the " Bates Motel " . I couldn't believe they wanted to sell us a timeshare after sticking us with a inferior room. Their story was that the owners got the better rooms. I told them that's not the way to sell timeshares. All the rooms should be of the same quality. RCI is just as bad in my opinion or maybe even worse with trades. They sell the good stuff to the public depriving members of the good trades. I got rid of two timeshares last year because I didn't want to deal with exchange companies anymore. If I decide to use a timeshare again I can just go on here or another site and rent one for less than I would pay in maintenance fees without the lifetime obligation of forever increasing fees. I think you did the right thing by voicing your opinion on a public forum. I don't think it will change their way of doing business much since all they care about is the bottom line. They get their exchange fee and it's all about volume to the greedy corporations.