Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Mark G.):

My biggest concern with the points based system owned in a regional collection- is how do you know the actual number of owners in that collection. With a deed - I knew they could not sell more than 51 owners per unit. Does the deed go into the trust and they are still restricted based on weeks - or could they sell to 100 owners per unit. I also find it difficult to understand that a points owners gets 13 months advanced booking vs 12 months for a deeded owner at the property. I can currently deposit my deeded week into the Club in exchange for points. This seems the best of both worlds. And while I am frustrated by the significant repair assessment this year, I was told points owners in the collection received a 50% assessment. The downside is they could get equivalent assessments for every other property in the collection. Diamond blocks deeded resale purchases into the Club unless you purchase another new purchase from them. You need to trade through Interval... Always an option with a deeded week. I have heard they are trying to impose even greater restrictions on resale points. All in all... Does not seem like this is in the best interest of the owners.