Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by Don P.):

Just read the posts in the forums and you will see a lot of people disatisfied with their system. Many have had the number of points required for a reservation raised beyond what they purchased to make a booking. That is not what they agreed to. Now they have to purchase more points and pay higher maintenance fees. Others have been hit with huge assessments to pay for water intrussion and other expenses. Yes that happens in weeks also but atleast in weeks you have a home reosrt that you purchased and hopefully use. I am sure there are thousands of satisfied points owners but the problem is that there is no exit plan for the disatisfied owners. I know that some timeshares like Marriott and Wyndham are highly regarded and have excellent reviews but there are many out there that are just in it to sell more points than there is openings for reservations and that has to be addressed. I own a week and I have a unit that I can go to every year and I don't need to worry that next year they raise the point value and I have to spend more money that I originally agrreed to when I purchased it.

This forum is for the purpose of expressing your views and opinions and I enjoy reading both sides. Hopefully it will help people become better informed and educate them before they sign on the dotted line.