Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Lori R.):

Yes I know that I do not have to give up my deeded week. However they have converted them to points. I still get my "Platinum" week. I realize that they are just trying to make a sale, however maintenance fees do not need to increase by 80%. I have not joined their "Club" and I am restricted where I can go, unless I bank my week with Invertval International (II). Because I do not buy into that I should only be paying for my resorts. When ILX owned it, it was great, fees would go up 1-2% a year , not 80%. I realize that ILX however mis-managed their funds and upgrades where needed, but this is ridiculous. I love going to my timeshare, infact going up on Friday for the week. Happy Holidays

charless345 wrote:
lorir248 wrote:
I just got maintenance fees for 2013 and it it just crazy. It makes no sense. I am a deeded owner since 1995. DRI took over 2009 and my fees have gone up $800.00 in 2 years. My resort is in Sedona AZ. I own another timeshare in South African as well( use it just for trading). I don't want to go anywhere else I want to use my week as an owner. They want me to buy into their "Club" and I refuse to give up what I have and that makes them mad. I refuse to do their updates , because they push me to give up what I own. They get just down right rude. I believe they want my deed, so that I would not be able to go their every year. So my fees keep going up. There is no way they need to increase that much yearly. I wish everyone would get together and start a class action law-suit and protest this company.

Lori,

You do not have to give up your deeded week. Just say no if that is not what you want to do. They will accept that fact. Yes, they will try to get you to join the Club, but that is not something that you have to do.

Yes, DRI took over and raise fees on us a great deal the first couple of years. None of us liked that. I am not a deeded owner but a points owner. My maintenance fees went up as well. However, this year they only went up by 1%. Last year was 2 or 3 per cent. Now I compare that to my Marriott timeshare deeded week and it has consistently gone up as well each year. From all that I have read, the big timeshare management companies like Marriott, Hilton, Disney, and Diamond, etc don't go backwards on maintenance fees. Those fees only go up and not down.

Just remember that you don't have to go to points if you don't want to. They are not mad, they are just trying to make a sale. I don't like that type of pressure but that is all it is. Enjoy your timeshare.