Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by James C.):

BEWARE! A scam similar to many that have been discussed here is making the rounds. An agent for NetManagementGroup.com calls saying they have buyers and say these buyers will pay huge amounts for your timeshare. If you sound interested, they have you talk to the contract folks. They then send you an email from Harris Title in Houston saying the buyer as placed this huge sum in escrow. This is followed by sending you a contract. They never asked for money up front, only an 8% commission after you received the payout. I checked out the companies and there is no registration in the respective states for either company and the website is from a template. My guess is that if you sign the contract (it had a whole bunch of misinformation) then as the time of closing draws near you will get notified that you need to pay transfer fees, taxes or some other bogus charge.

When I told them I had forwarded the contract to my attorney, they dropped out of sight.