renting timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Rentals... (by R P.):

eliseh21 wrote:
We are first time renters and after reading all of the advice in these forums I called the Aruba Marriott to confirm if the renters are true owners and was told that they can not disclose that information to me. Obviously getting a written rental agreement in place should help, but I do not feel comfortable just sending a check to a total stranger. If we use PayPal, I believe we can report to PayPal if we are scammed and get our money back, does anyone know if this is correct? Thought this may be less costly than using an escrow account.

Many resorts/brands do not disclose personal info such as ownership, however if you use a rental agreement then you should feel more comfortable with the rental. I would never just send a check without some form of agreement either, however if you want to make 100% sure that the owners own the week then escrow is the way to go for peace of mind, especially if there's a lot of money involved. I wouldn't think an Aruba Marriott would be a cheap rental.

If you're thinking of using PayPal then I would research their policies concerning rentals.