Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Has anyone had any luck at getting rid of their timeshare once they own it? (by Helen R.):

I was very interested to read what you had to say. Who do I contact at Westgate to get rid of my timeshare. It is paid for, but I owe 2 yrs. in maintenance and taxes. Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance. my email is hreynolds@embarqmail.com

pamelam293 wrote:
I got rid of mine working with Westgate. I told them that I couldn't afford or use it anymore and I wanted to transfer it back to them. I had to fill out paperwork for a quit claim deed or deed in lieu of foreclosure... I believe it cost me nothing. Below is what I sent them and then they replied...

"I would be interested in an option to be released from my timeshare Contract completely thus avoiding foreclosure proceedings. Vacation ownership is something that I no longer wish to continue. I would be willing to provide you with an address to send the Warranty Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure (WDIL)' with the understanding it would release me from all financial and contractual obligations with Westgate Resort. In other words, if Westgate would be willing to forgive the deficiency and unpaid amounts of the mortgage and maintenance and taxes, to include the late fees.

I have tried to discuss this a number of times before, however, nobody would provide me options. I would love to allow you to avoid the time, hassle and expense of a formal foreclosure, however I do NOT want to be held "on the hook" for any unpaid balances or "deficiencies" as I had tried a number of times previously to resolve this.

Please let me know soonest."

I hope this helps you out...I am now almost rid of the second one that I so foolishly purchased...but there is light at the end of this! Woohoo!

nonatob wrote:
How can I sell my timeshare vacation villas this is due to financial constraint. Pls. reply to me. Thanks