Renters beware!

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renters beware!And owners!!! (by D L.):

I am an owner who originally purchased oceanview. For the last 8 years I have been in the front 3 buildings and my confirmation for this year is oceanside/oceanview. I have rented it out(here) and now find out that my reservation for this year is in the back building(oceanview/gardenview) and indeed I see in the 'ultimate occupancy' clause of my original contract that this could be the case now that the 2 back buildings are finished. I am stunned Marriott would be so ambiguous and very very upset i am re-thinking my whole relationship with the company so BEWARE there may be many people here with what they have always assumed would be a front 3 building timeshare suddenly relegated to the back buildings because of a clause. Really annoyed that Marriott would sell something clearly misslabelled and then invoke a clause to effectively downgrade a timeshare , mine will be up for sale soon.