Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Looking to sell my timeshare (by Don P.):

Timeshares are good for people to use but my point is that there is relatively no resale market. Rule #1..... NEVER buy from a developer. There are much better deals on the resale market. Actually most people are just trying to give them away to get out of the annual fees. Rule # 2....... NEVER pay anyone money upfront to sell or rent your timeshare. Rule #3..... timeshares are not an investment. They should only be purchased to use or trade.

People should realize that when you purchase a timeshare you made a lifetime commitment to pay forever increasing maintenance fees and assessments. You can only get out of your obligation by selling or giving it away to someone else.

Most people purchase from a developer during a high pressure presentation when they are enjoying a vacation and don't know that they agreed to the lifetime commitment.

These forums are to share information and the reality is that after many years your life changes and the commitment doesn't. You will always be obligated to pay your fees unless you transfer title to another party.

I will continue to inform people about the down side of ownership to help them make an educated decisssion. Just read the forums and the ads for people trying to sell their properties and make up your own mind.