Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Michael D.):

derekc62 wrote:
Hi, Are there any details on "the settlement" anywhere online that users here know of? Thx

bruceb306 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
janetf155 wrote:
Count me in! janetf155

tracil45 wrote:
Hello Peter!

Yes, let's get our names together and find a public interest law firm that may help us ripped-off owners and former owners.

Hawaii has legal aid societies that may help with big, greedy corporations.

The lawsuit was settled.

The "Proposed Settlement" has yet to be approved by the Court.

I am surprised that this lawsuit settlement is still unapproved by the court. It should never have been settled short of the Discovery Process, as Diamond would have had many issues of potential fraud to answer too... I say potential only in that legal sense that "Fraud" is a criminal issue filed by the Prosecuting Attorney or the State Attorney General, but that in a civil complaint has a much lower threshold of proof that is required to win a judgement... I feel that I was the victim of a fraud committed by Diamond Resorts in the amount of over $ 56,000 ... So if you are going to push forward with a civil fraud suit, I will certainly be interested... I was very critical of the COPP group for selling out its members with this phony settlement... I have a copy of the Class Action suit filed by the group, and know that if they had gotten to discovery, Diamond would have paid out rather than open its records