Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Marriott Destinations points (by Sharon E.):

I do not understand what you are saying I own 2 weeks every other year at Waiohai. Traded them in for points and got around 15,000 mvc points to use. I know you get alot for them because my partner used them for 4 nights in a one bedroom in palm springs and only used 600 points. I couldn't move them forward so I felt that they got a good deal by using them. I still don't know how to really use them. Furthermore, I know for sure that you cannot get any valuable weeks by using them. I tried two years in a row to get Christmas or New Year's week in Aruba to no avail. I'm very disappointed in the system because it seems that Marriott only has less desirable weeks available through their point system. What is your experience?

paulb575 wrote:
Amy, The points are the future at Marriott. We own two units and 2500 pts. These total 7300 pts. It depends on when you bought your units as to the value/benefit and where they are located as to how many points you can trade them in for. I would not buy points directly from Marriott if I was going to buy more. You can get them here so much cheaper and pay the education fee ($300) and the Initiation Fee ($200 per every 250 points) and still blow away the cost of buying units. By paying the fees they have full rights.